» NEW FORUM NAME
Sat 27 Aug 2016, 8:54 pm by Christie

» FINAL OF 2016 SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP RESULT
Sat 27 Aug 2016, 8:48 pm by Christie

» 2016 WPSL CHAMPIONSHIP - July 13, 2016
Mon 11 Jul 2016, 10:08 pm by Christie

» New Steam Group
Sun 10 Jul 2016, 9:08 pm by POTUS

» I love to hate this game ........Why ???????????
Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:20 am by paulparker

» Suggestions for Snooker Rules online.
Wed 13 Apr 2016, 11:16 pm by Christie

» Online match
Wed 13 Apr 2016, 2:12 pm by POTUS

» International Snooker 2012
Sun 03 Apr 2016, 6:05 pm by Christie

» The Magic 147
Sun 03 Apr 2016, 6:00 pm by Christie

If you are interested, please join Crocodile Racing at http://crocracing.forumotion.com Races with Race07, Automobilista and Project Cars. Emails of all events to members and also in calender on forum.Gmt (+2) This is a fun league. Novices welcome.

Suggestions for Snooker Rules online.

Go down

Suggestions for Snooker Rules online.

Post by Christie on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm

Please help me to put a set of rules together for the championship. Please look at guidelines, swerve shots, time limit per shot etc. and also the format of the championship. Knockout, round robin, teams etc. Your input will be appreciated.

Christie
Admin

View user profile http://wpsl.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for Snooker Rules online.

Post by POTUS on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 5:14 pm

Alright here are my thoughts.

Guidelines: Short or medium, no long guides that is just too easy. My personal pick would be short guides.

How to make sure nobody cheats?

Option A: Have a third party referee the match our very own Michaela Tabb or Jan Verhaas watching both players through a steam stream, he or she can immediately resolve any possible disputes between players.

Option B: Have both players check each-others steam stream

Swerve shots: Should be limited to some "short distance" shots, no crazy parabolic flights of the cue ball on the table.

Time per shot: I'm not a big fan of shot clocks but i understand the need of it. So 30 seconds does that sounds realistic?

The format of the championship: Why not start with a round robin so everybody gets to play everybody.
It will take a bit longer to complete the championship though. An option here is to limit the number of frames to the minimum the game allows which is 3

If the Format is a knockout then i would personally like to see 5 or 7 frames per match. and see it increase every round you go further

POTUS

View user profile http://87th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by POTUS on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 6:05 pm

To elaborate on the format.

I don't know how many more championships you are going to organize after this one ends. Personally i hope a whole lot more! Smile

So a pitch i had is if you plan to do a couple tournaments per year start this whole snooker tour with a round robin, everyone plays everyone.

Then come up with a scoring table and some ground rules
for example:
-3 frames per match
-10 points for a frame won
-5 additional points for winning the match
-A tie does not exist
-Each place gets a certain amount of points for example 1st place = 1000pts 2nd place =950 pts etc etc....

Once the round robin is completed and the ranking has been made every player will get the amount of points attached to the position in the round robin.

This list gentleman is our very own "world ranking"

Now you take it to the next step. From now on you only organize knockout tournaments. Players will be able to rise up the ranking list by winning and getting as far as possible in the tournament.
kinda like the system that is in place in the career mode.

again you lay out some ground rules and scoring tables.

for example:
based on 16 players
-First round: 3 frames 30 pts if kicked out
-Quarter final: 5 frames 50 pts if kicked out
-Half final : 7 frames 100 pts if kicked out
-Final: 9 frames 1st place 300 pts second place 150 pts

These are just rough ideas its not nearly perfect. The numbers are just made up for the purpose of example. The reason why i would start with a round robin it gives the opportunity to get to know and play everyone in the first place and it gives everyone an idea on what their level of spiel is in this group. I hope it is somewhat helpful, sorry for the lengthy message, when i start thinking up these things i end up writing a small essay Smile

POTUS

View user profile http://87th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 11:16 pm

POTUS wrote: I hope it is somewhat helpful, sorry for the lengthy message, when i start thinking up these things i end up writing a small essay Smile
Hi Potus,

Thanks for your contribution which is in fact extremely helpful so I hope that you will continue writing small essays lol.
I am having a look at your proposals and it makes a lot of sense. I will come back to you shortly and we can perhaps discuss this on Teamspeak shortly.
Thanks again for your input.
OldCroc

Christie
Admin

View user profile http://wpsl.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum